Meeting consumer demand today includes giving shoppers the option to discover and shop for brands across multiple channels and retailers. With the proliferation of shopping channels – from DTC sites to marketplaces to social media and messaging apps – shopping habits have spread, and operators across the supply chain, from retailers and brands to shippers and carriers, need a way to connect all their e-commerce channels without setting up multiple logistics networks or overcomplicating supply chain management.
Omnichannel fulfillment allows brands to connect all their storefronts and shopping channels within an integrated e-commerce fulfillment system. Visibility into orders, inventory, and shipment status and the ability to communicate that information across an organization’s peak season supply chain in real-time is an advantage that only omnichannel fulfillment solutions can provide.
Ahead of the peak shipping season – which is anticipated to be the largest and longest holiday sales season of all time – an omnichannel infrastructure is imperative for brands that want to optimize for cost reductions, enhance the customer experience, and improve operations while minimizing supply chain issues, peak season challenges, and overall disruption.
An omnichannel fulfillment strategy provides brands with:
- Higher Accuracy – Omnichannel order fulfillment makes it easier to ensure order accuracy and streamline multiple channels into a single process.
- Greater Efficiency – Higher order accuracy means great efficiency and a seamless shipping system that helps brands sidestep supply chain congestion.
- Accurate Reporting – When you use a service like Flowspace to monitor your inventory and orders amidst the increased demand that comes with peak season, you gain instant access to accurate reporting of your most important channels and insight into possible improvements.
- Transportation Savings – Omnichannel fulfillment gives you the power to make the right shipping and carrier choices every time, which eliminates overspending on transportation.
- Happier Customers – The greatest benefit of omnichannel fulfillment is the ease and convenience it provides to your customers – it simply makes it easier to improve the customer experience, which is great for your bottom line, especially during the peak shipping season, when holiday customer service is crucial to a brand’s reputation.
Flowspace offers integrations with numerous shopping carts, marketplaces, and retail stores, enabling omnichannel fulfillment for seasonal spikes as well as standard operations. Find out how to turn on omnichannel strategies for your brand ahead of peak season today. Get in touch!
Allison Champion leads marketing communication at Flowspace, where she works to develop content that addresses the unique challenges facing modern brands in omnichannel ecommerce. She has more than a decade of experience in content development and marketing.